Our Website shopping platform displays products available from various sellers (“Sellers”). We may collect personal information from you in two different circumstances. Firstly, we may collect information relating to your use of our Website. Secondly, we may collect information relating to your purchase of products from the Sellers.
- What personal information do we collect?
- If you choose to contact us, we will collect your contact details and any other information you choose to provide. Our Website server automatically collects navigational data, including the type of browser you are using, your IP address, the URL you have come from, and the time you spent on our site, your domain type and server. This kind of information is collected by almost all commercial websites, using cookies. Our cookies do not capture or track any personal information. You may elect to set your computer so that cookies are not placed on your browser.
- We collect information from you on behalf of the Sellers when you Order products on our Website. This may include information relating to your Order and other information you may choose to provide (e.g. when using the “contact the Seller” section).
- Collection of information generally
- If we do ask you for information, we will endeavour to say which information we require and which information is optional.
- You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. If you do so, however, you will not be able to purchase products from our Sellers and you may not be able to use some or all of this Website.
- How is your personal information used by us?
- We use your information to assist us in providing this Website shopping platform and to enable the Sellers to fulfil your purchase Order.
- If you have “opted in” to receive our marketing and other communications, we may inform you of products available on our Website and other matters. If you later decide you no longer wish to receive these communications you may “unsubscribe” using the link provided in our emails or by contacting our Privacy Officer (see contact details below).
- We may use your information for other purposes outlined at the time it is collected, or for purposes which can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances in which the information is supplied. We may also keep and file information.
- Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
- As noted above, we collect information on behalf of the Sellers. We stipulate that they use such information only for the purposes of providing the products you Order.
- We may disclose information to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions (e.g. technology service providers and electronic payment organisations). These services may be based in various countries. We take steps to ensure that all our contractors keep such information confidential and use it only to provide the services required by us.
- Disclosures may also need to be made to law enforcement agencies, government agencies, courts or external advisors in accordance with legal requirements.
- Access to and correction of your personal information
- You have a right to seek access to information we hold about you. We may charge you for the cost of providing such access. You also have a right to ask us to correct information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- If you have any concerns or complaints about how we handle your personal information, or if you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer. If we fail to respond within 30 days or if you are dissatisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- Is your personal information stored safely?
- We take reasonable steps to safeguard information held by us from unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. Our IT systems are password protected and comply with security standards. Paper files are stored in premises that are locked when unattended.
- Contacting our Privacy Officer